Over the weekend we threw a Spanish Tapas party with family and friends. Having been to Spain a few years ago, one of my favorite memories of experiencing the culture was through sharing tapas with my travel mates. It’s such a fun social experience!
Tapas are small savory shared Spanish dishes that are almost always accompanied by a drink, such as Sherry or a nice Rioja wine. We like having Sangria on hand too (recipe below).
Items to buy
- Alonia Organic Olive Oil
- Spanish olives
- Marcona almonds
- Piquillo Peppers in a jara
- Manchego & Mahon cheeses
- Serrano ham
- Sherry Vinegar
Fantastic Tapas Recipes
- Garlic Shrimp, recipe here
- Flank steak on toast, recipe here (Our friend Megan made these and the Spanish meatballs and both were so tasty! Go Megan!)
- Spanish meatballs, recipe here
- Spanish charcuterie board, recipe here (We love manchego cheese and recommend you include it on your board!)
- Spanish garlic mushrooms, recipe here
- Piquillo Pepper and Cheese Toasts, recipe here
Wine | Cocktails
- Lazy girl Sangria, so easy and delicious! recipe here
- Cava (Bubbles!)
- Alberiño (if you like Pinot Grigio)
- Verdejo (if you like Sauvignon Blanc)
Thank you to Kroger for sponsoring this fun post! We love your stores and especially the new organic lines and offerings!