Happy Valentine’s Day!
Chocolate filled strawberries are such a classic combo! They’re also are super simple to make and absolutely delicious. These little bites of heaven are perfect year-round as an easy dessert to bring to parties or for special occasions, like Valentine’s Day or anniversaries, and they each have 100 calories or less!
Recipe: Chocolate Filled Strawberries
- 10-15 Medium to Large Strawberries
- 1 bag Dark or Milk Chocolate Chips
- Cut the stems off your clean strawberries and carefully scoop out the top of the berry. The deeper you scoop the more chocolate it will hold.
- Pour the entire bag of chocolate chips in a glass bowl and heat in the microwave for 30 second intervals. Make sure to take your bowl out every 30 seconds to stir the chocolate chips. Continue until all of the chips are melted. It’s very important that you don’t burn the chocolate so be careful and patient.
- Place your strawberries in a container, ideally one that will help them sit up straight. Tip: Cut off the bottoms of the strawberries to help them stand up.
- Now either spoon the chocolate into the strawberries or use a piping bag.
- Place in the refrigerator for 15-25 minutes or until the chocolate hardens – it doesn’t take long at all. Enjoy!
*** If you want to make them extra fancy you can top with vanilla bean whipped cream!
Also, for more Valentine’s day inspiration check out our post featuring many of in the know bloggers – ROMANTIC RESTAURANTS ACROSS THE UNITED STATES.
Emily & Barbara