We love this delicious Chocolate Bomb dessert recipe from Debra Levy Picard. It’s easy to prepare, is a guaranteed hit and perfect for Valentine’s Day.
- 6 ounces of Bittersweet Chocolate
- 1/2 stick (4 tbs) Unsalted Butter
- 1 cup Sugar
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 1/2 cups Heavy Cream
- 1 cup Whipping Cream
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Pinch of Salt
- 1/4 cup All Purpose Flour
- Unsweetened Cocoa Powder for Garnishing
- Optional Vanilla Beans
- Preheat Oven to 350°F.
- Melt the chocolate and butter in the top of a double boiler. When melted set aside to cool.
- Using an electric mixer with a paddle attachment or by hand using a spoon, in a large bowl, mix the sugar and eggs until color lightens, about 1 minute.
- Pour the cooled chocolate/butter mixture into a bowl then stir in heavy cream, vanilla and salt. Beat well, scraping the ingredients from the sides of the bowl as you mix.
- Add the flour and mix until blended.
- Divide the mixture between four 6-ounce ovenproof cappuccino cups or any style cup that you like. Fill to 1/4 inch below the rim of the cup.
- Place cups on a baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes or just until the tops of the cake begin to crack. Do not over bake! The tops should be crisp and the interior soft and moist.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 15 minutes. While cooling, make the whipped cream. Whip the cream until it forms soft peaks, about 5 minutes, try not to over whip. I then like to then cut open a vanilla bean and scrape the caviar out and fold into the whipped cream – pretty and delicious! (To save time, you could also use store bought whipped cream.)
- Place a dollop of the whipped cream on to each warm cup and garnish with a dusting of cocoa powder.
- Serve warm and Enjoy!
Happy Valentine’s Day!