This ‘Roasted Asparagus with Garlic & Lemon‘ is one of our go-to recipes and we make it all the time! We even brought it to a Whole30 dinner party yesterday. Yes, that’s right, it’s also Whole30 approved and Paleo!
Did you know that asparagus has many health benefits? Here’s some of our favorites:
- full of antioxidants
- brain boosting power
- mood booster
- has vitamin E
- helps with bloating
- can even ease a hangover!
Wow! Now onto the recipe…
A Healthy Side Dish: Roasted Asparagus with Garlic & Lemon
Not only is asparagus delicious it’s packed with nutrition!
Serves 8. Hands-on time: 5 minutes. Cooking time: 25 minutes. Total time: 30 minutes.
- 2 bunches of organic fresh asparagus
- 2 tbsp EVOO for drizzle (we just eyeball it)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 Lemon (juice and zest)
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Himalayan salt
What you need:
- Chefs knife
- Non toxic cutting board
- Parchment paper
- Baking Sheet (This one is warp resistant!)
- Pretty Serving Dish
- Lemon Zester (Essential kitchen tool!)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Rinse off the asparagus and pat dry.
- Then break off the tough ‘woodsy’ ends of the asparagus. To do this take the asparagus in your hand and break 1/3 ways up from the bottom of the stalk. It should naturally snap right off. You can also cut 1/3 of the ways up to save time.
- Place asparagus on the baking try lined with parchment paper. Drizzle with EVOO, crack salt and pepper on top, and toss to make sure everything is evenly coated. *Make sure your asparagus is spread in an even layer to make for optimal even cooking.
- Place in the oven and roast for 20 minutes.
- Take out of the oven and top with minced garlic.
- Put back in the oven and roast for another 5 minutes.
- Take out of oven and top with lemon zest and the juice of half a lemon. Taste and season again with salt and pepper if needed.
*Pictures by Stephanie Drenka