Healthy Fruit Dip Recipe
Today for ‘Foodie Finds’ we’re bringing you four of our favorite items that come together to make this healthy, delicious and satisfying organic greek yogurt & nut butter dip.
Earth Balance Creamy Coconut & Peanut Spread
Trader Joe’s Organic Unsweetened Coconut Flakes
Dolcedi Low Glycemic Sweetener that’s made from apples! This is a SUPER foodie find as it’s a natural alternative to sugar. (c/o)
Trader Joe’s Organic Green Nonfat Yogurt in Vanilla
1. Scoop the organic greek yogurt into a bowl.
2. Add a heaping tablespoon or spoonful of the coconut & peanut butter spread. You can taste as you go and adjust as needed.
3. Mix the organic greek yogurt and coconut and peanut spread together. Combine until smooth.
4. Add in two teaspoons or so of the unsweetened coconut flakes. Again, you can adjust to your liking. Also, I use the Dolcedi to sweeten this as I want to be able to control the sweetness and amount of sugar. That’s why I like to buy unsweetened coconut flakes.
5. Taste and add Dolcedi natural sweetener and sweeten to your liking! This stuff is fantastic and you can literally use it as you would honey or your usual sweetener!
6. Serve alongside your favorite fruit combination and enjoy! I love this combination with strawberries and pineapple. Yum!
Additional Information On Our Favorite Foodie Finds
Earth Balance Creamy Coconut & Peanut Spread: I’ll be the first to say that I love Earth Balance’s natural products. Their spreads and nut butter’s are fantastic! One of my go to breakfast items is a piece or Ezequiel Cinnamon Raisin toast with earth balance creamy coconut and peanut spread topped with slices of banana, strawberries or blueberries. I also top my toast off with coconut flakes (below) and either honey, agave or Dolcedi for additional sweetness if needed.
Trader Joe’sOrganic Unsweetened Coconut Flakes: These are great! They’ve got good crunch and flavor. I love using them to add texture to a dish and in general I’m just a huge fan of all things coconut! I put these coconut flakes in dips, in my cereal, on top of my toast and even to top of smoothie bowls. They stay fresh a long time and are a great addition to your pantry as you can use them for so many things!
Dolcedì: Also, since this a shorter blog post I wanted to take the time to fill you all in a bit more on Dolcedì as it truly is a wonderful foodie find. Did you know that many sweeteners are chemically processed or nutritionally void and worse can spike our blood sugar? Dolcedì is made from 100% organic apples and is a low-glycemic alternative to sugar and other sweeteners. As diabetes runs in my family on my mom’s side it’s important to pay attention to sugars and I’m excited to be able to tell my aunt about Dolcedì as it’s natural and a healthier sweeter. With 25% fewer calories than table sugar, Dolcedì is made from the concentrated and filtered sugar extracted from organic apples. It is certified USDA organic, non-GMO, gluten-free, vegan, and kosher. Dolcedì can be used any way you would use traditional table sugar or honey and in the same proportions; one teaspoon of sugar equals one teaspoon of Dolcedì. Its neutral flavor enhances the taste of food and drinks without altering them. (c/o)
Trader Joe’s Organic Vanilla Greek Yogurt: I’ve tried a lot of yogurt especially since I eat yogurt multiple times a week and I can honestly say that this is one of my favorites. It’s not too sweet and has a great vanilla flavor. I also really like the texture and the price is right.
Emily & Barbie